2017 UMTA CONFERENCE POSTER SESSION COMPETITION
Utah Music Teachers Association is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Collegiate/ Young Professional Poster Presentation Competition. The purpose of this event is to encourage collegiate chapters and members as well as recent graduates (Young Professionals), to have the experience of preparing a poster presentation for a professional organization. The display and competition will be held in conjunction with the annual Utah Music Teacher's Association fall conference.
Deadline: Midnight, Thursday, October 19, 2017
This year, 2 winners will be chosen by conference attendees. Each winner will receive a $50.00 award.
The following UMTA guidelines mirror requirements for poster presentation at the MTNA Collegiate Piano Pedagogy Symposium as well as the MTNA National Conference Poster Sessions. Please refer to the individual guidelines and deadlines for each and consider applying for all of them!
1. Research papers—projects that focus on a clearly articulated research question or hypothesis and a clear and appropriate methodology. Research reports dealing with any aspect of music, music teaching, music learning or related subject areas are welcome.
2. Studio/pedagogy projects—demonstrate interesting and creative ways of teaching music skills such as harmonization, sight-playing, composition, music history, theory or any other practical information teachers can use in their studios.
3. Posters showcasing community outreach or other collegiate chapter activities
1) All posters should be no larger than 30 by 40 inches, and include all pertinent information in a manner that is visible from 3–4 feet away.
2) Presenters applying for a Poster Session must additionally submit a computer-generated sample in PDF or JPEG format.
3) Group or Individual submissions are permitted.
Collegiate students or Young Professionals must have their membership fees up-to-date and be registered for the UMTA State Conference to participate, there is no fee. Only one submission per person will be accepted, and all submissions must be non-commercial in nature.
The following registration information is required. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and must be postmarked or received by e-mail before Midnight, Thursday, October 19, 2017.
- Word Document, JPEG or PDF electronic graphic representation of Poster, presentation ready
(No PowerPoint Presentations)
- A one page proposal telling what the poster will represent
- A Cover Page contact information sheet for ONE person, including:
Name of Registrant
Title of Poster/Subject
Faculty Advisor’s name (If applicable)
Institutional Affiliation (If applicable)
E-Mail Address (required)
35-word bio and headshot (individuals) or group photo
E-MAIL the above information to Lezlee Bishop, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, subject line UMTA POSTER SESSION CONTEST REGISTRATION, with attachments as necessary.
Click the registration form in the box to the right on this page, Print, Fill out and Mail the UMTA POSTER SESSION CONTEST REGISTRATION FORM, with supporting materials to:
Lezlee Bishop, NCTM
2016 UMTA Conference Poster Session Contest
3231 Melbourne Street
Salt lake City UT 84106
You will be notified of admission to the Poster Contest and given more information regarding presentation and display hours. Thank you for taking advantage of this this new opportunity!
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HELP IN DEVELOPING YOUR POSTER SESSION:
From the MTNA Website: The Internet contains many valuable resources to help you prepare proposals and/or presentations. Suggested websites include: